Ginger tea is one of the most popular and effective home remedies for colds, sore throat, indigestion, nausea, etc. Its healing and warming properties are not unknown. It improves blood circulation and boosts your immune system. Other than its useful medicinal properties, ginger tea is wonderful to taste and makes a great refreshing morning beverage.
Preparing ginger tea at home is very economical, as compared to buying those ready-made ginger tea bags. Now, how to make ginger tea? Well, the recipe is very simple and you can make it in various ways.
You can use ground ginger or ginger root or even the ginger ale to prepare your cup of ginger tea! Scroll down for some simple ginger tea recipes.
Ginger Tea Recipes
Recipe# 1: With ground ginger
• Water – 1 cup
• Honey – 2 teaspoons
• Ground ginger – ¾ teaspoon
• Tea bags – 3 individual
• Milk – ¾ cup
• You can always make your ginger tea using ground ginger, if you do not have fresh ginger roots with you. For this, first take a small saucepan and pour water into it.
• Bring the water to boil and then add honey and ground ginger to it.
• Then, reduce the heat, cover the saucepan, and simmer the liquid for 10 minutes.
• Remove the saucepan from the heat, and dip the tea bags in the hot liquid.
• Cover the saucepan and steep the mixture for 5 to 7 minutes. After that, discard the tea bags and combine milk to it.
• Heat the ginger tea before drinking, but see that you do not bring it to boil.
Recipe # 2: With raw ginger
• Raw ginger – 4 to 6 thin slices
• Water – 1½ – 2 cups
• Lime juice from ½ lime
• Honey – 1-2 tablespoon
• Cut the ginger slices such that they are thin, but have a maximum surface area.
• Ginger root cut in such fashion gives you flavorful ginger tea. Now, pour the water in a saucepan and add the ginger slices to it.
• Bring the water to boil and continue boiling for 10 minutes. Then remove the saucepan from heat and strain the tea.
• Add lime juice and honey to it and enjoy the hot ginger tea.
Recipe # 3: With freshly grated ginger root
• Water – 1½ cups
• White sugar – 1½ teaspoons
• Freshly grated ginger root – 1½ teaspoons
• To prepare this recipe for ginger tea, bring the water to boil in a small saucepan.
• Then, place the grated ginger root into a glass. Pour in the boiled water to the glass.
• Leave the grated ginger root for 10 minutes. Then strain the mixture into a large mug and combine sugar to it. Enjoy every sip of your ginger tea!
Recipe # 4: With ginger root
• Cold water – 8 cups
• Ginger root – 3 slices
• Sugar – ½ cup
• Cinnamon sticks – 2
• Water – 4 cup
• Tea bags – 10
• Whole allspice – 1 teaspoon
• Orange juice – 1½ cups
• Bring water to boil in a saucepan. Take a large non-metal container and add ginger root, cinnamon sticks, allspice, sugar, and tea bags to it.
• Combine the ingredients properly and add boiling water to the mixture.
• Cover the container and let the mixture steep for about 10 minutes. Then strain the mixture and remove ginger root, cinnamon, tea bags, and allspice.
• Then add orange juice and cold water to it, and refrigerate the mixture. Use tall glasses and serve ginger ice tea with ice cubes, and garnish with orange slices.
If you are suffering from a cold or sore throat, then prepare the recipe for ginger tea and get instant relief from the discomfort. You can even drink ginger tea just for its taste and refreshing effects.